Applications are now open for "Building for the Masses Program" in Mexico City.
Despite the fact that 75% of Latin America's population live within the poverty line, very few startups are focusing on this market, the so-called “Base of the Pyramid” (BoP).
Building for the Masses, created by MassChallenge and supported by Facebook, is an immersive program for entrepreneurs and startups to understand, connect and build products and services that will have a positive impact on the quality of life of low-income communities at the Base of the Pyramid in Mexico.
Building for the Masses will first connect entrepreneurs and startups with underserved customers in low income communities, to gain insight into their priorities, aspirations, and challenges; to understand their needs. Then it will provide all the necessary tools to support participants in their development of innovative solutions that achieve product-market fit.
MassChallenge and Facebook are committed to the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Mexico, to help entrepreneurs to develop a sustainable economy, where innovation is key to creating more opportunities and more job creation.
If you are one of the selected entrepreneurs or startups, you will be part of a 6-month program where you will:- Create an understanding of the problems faced by the Base of the Pyramid through guided field trips, case studies, and in depth workshops.
And much more.
We are looking for entrepreneurs (with or without an idea) or startups with a genuine interest in creating solutions to combat economic inequality that will have a positive impact on the quality of life of low income communities at the Base of the Pyramid.
We are accepting:
- Entrepreneurs (with or without an idea) or startups interested in developing new products for the Base of the Pyramid in Mexico.
- Startups who have an existing product which they would like to adapt to meet the needs of the Base of the Pyramid in Mexico.
We accept applications from anywhere in the world, but someone from your team needs to participate in the workshops in Mexico City from 27 March – 19 May 2017.
Workshops will be in English and Spanish.
1. Create a video
2. Complete the application form
3. Submit your application. It's FREE.
MassChallenge, in combination with Facebook, will ensure that every single founder and startup receives a comprehensive read of their application by assigning each of them a panel of diverse judges that represent a range of different industries.
• Stage 1: Applications Open - 20 February-8 March 2017
• Stage 2: Pre-Finalists Selected - 08 March-23 March 2017
• Stage 3: Workshops, Mentoring, Field Trips focused on understanding the Base of the Pyramid market in Mexico, to propose problems and solutions, and to then create and test a Minimum Viable Product - 27 March-19 May 2017
• Stage 4: 5-10 Finalists selected for further support - 20 May-01 June 2017
• Stage 5: Workshops, Mentoring, Field Trips focused on user acquisition and business model development - 5 June-25 October 2017
Apply to Building for the Masses Program now! Applications close March 8th.
If you have any question please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our content partners: